Monday, June 29, 2009

The Source, June 27th, 2009 'Living Forgotten Realms' RPGA Play

This past Saturday I swung by The Source for LFR game day.

There were three afternoon sessions scheduled: DALE 1-1 (Dalelands: 'The Propect', L1-4), EAST 1-4 (East Rift: 'Darkness In Delzimmer', L1-4) & TYMA 1-2 (Tymanther: 'Taking Stock of the Situation', L4-7). Unfortunately, there were not enough people for David's EAST 1-4, but the rest continued as planned. I played in DALE 1-1.

The evening sessions scheduled were: DRAG 1-1 (Dragon Coast: 'Many Hands Make Light Work', L1-4), LURU 1-1 (Luruar: 'Slivers of Eaerlann', L4-7) & an unknown (to me) Paragon tier adventure. I played in DRAG 1-1.

I played Sora, my L2 (now L3) elven rogue in both as usual.


In the afternoon session, I played in DALE 1-1, 'The Propect'. It was run by Chip, who is out of the pic range on the right. In this game I played with a couple guys that were in my very first LFR game. Brian (in the Zelda shirt on the right) returned with Tholamin, his L3 cleric. Adam (in the blue shirt on the left) returned with Maladictus, his L2 fighter. Also in the game was Matt (in the grey Fett shirt in the middle), who DM'd my first LFR game. He played Marcus, a L3 ranger. Scott (in the red/black shirt to the left of Matt) played a half elf bard named Theren. The guy at the lower left...I'm forgetting his name and character for some reason. Usually I note such things down, but I was pretty beat that morning and forgot to do it. Excuses indeed! Anyhow, things ended up pretty well. We played up and I came just a few dozen short of leveling to third, but that's OK. I got to see my character dropped for the first time below zero HP, but luckily he didn't chuck it in. I think Matt's character Marcus leveled to four after the game.

This is Brian's LURU 1-1 in the evening session. If I remember correctly, Brian mentioned this was the first time he's DM'd in five years or so. They seem to have enjoyed the game though! Brian's a funny guy that knows the game though, so how could he fail?!

That's Peter running the Paragon tier game I mentioned above. Some (all?) of these folks are working towards leveling for GenCon I think. The guy in the blue shirt on the left is Chip, the DM of DALE 1-1 that morning. To his right is Scott, also from our morning game. To his right in the grey shirt is David, who was to run EAST 1-4 in the morning if enough folks had shown up. I felt bad for David not being able to run anything, and had enough folks shown up I'd have switched to his game if they needed enough to fill it. But at least he had something going in the evening so the trip wasn't all for naught!

This is part of our evening game, DRAG 1-1, 'Many Hands Make Light Work'. It was DM'd by Matt, who you see in the Fett shirt on the right. We played up in this game as well, and the combat encounters were somewhat challenging for the group. Once again, for the second time that day, my character was dropped below zero HP, but a timely end to the encountered allowed the cleric Edley to save his bacon. On the lower left is Nicholas, playing his L3 wizard Raa. Nicholas runs the LFR game days up here at Village Games in my hometown of Anoka. Behind him is AJ, who played a rock solid human cleric, L1 I believe, named Edley. AJ is one of the best RPers I've gamed with at the Source. His lecture to some orphans was one of the funniest moments I've seen in an RPG in years. Remember Edley's words: "Don't be a heathen!"...unless you want to break like a glass bunny. ;) At the end of the table is Connie, another Source regular. She played Zelda, a L4 dragonborn fighter. Out of the shot is Mike, who played his L2 halfling paladin, Burlap. Yes...Burlap! Born in a gunny sack! It was one of the more entertaining LFR modules I've played, but I'm sure part of that was the group we had as well. And everyone lived, despite a rather gooey encounter. Ultimately I leveled to three after the game, and Nicholas leveled to four.

No comments:

Post a Comment