Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Village Games, June 16th, 2009 'Flames of War' Germans vs Soviets 6000 Point Battle

Last night was the bi-weekly "Flames of War' night at Village. It was all the usual suspects present.

The match was a 6000 point Germans vs Soviets match between John/Mark and Josh/Bobby. Mark is a newcomer to the game, and is involved in the modern armor games (I think) run at Village. I didn't get as many photos as I usually do as I was bopping around between things last night, so I apologize if this isn't up to the usual coverage.


Not far into the game, things were moving along for the Germans. Very little damage to the Germans, but this would change. The game was a 'Hold the Line' scenario IIRC, with the Germans defending the lower side of the table as you see here. I think their two markers were in the trees at the middle of the table, and the other I am not sure about. It might have been the tree at the bottom. John had his 88mm and Elefant in action, two units that Josh doesn't like very much...

As the game developed, most of the action was focused on the lower left side of the table...

In the end, it ended as a huge fur ball as you see on the left. You can't see it in this pic, but there's a lot of armor under all that fire and smoke. The game was ultimately called a draw, but I would have enjoyed seeing it fully played out. John/Mark had lost a lot of their forces, but so had Josh/Bobby. John/Mark did have some considerable forces, including his Elefant IIRC, surviving on that center hill. John did lose his 88mm ('my precious!') though. Great ending to the game though!

No comments:

Post a Comment