Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Source, May 16th, 2009 'Living Forgotten Realms' RPGA Play

Well, I finally decided to toss my hat into the RPGA Living campaigns. Currently, the only game in town is the Living Forgotten Realms, a network style play in the D&D Forgotten Realms setting.

I decided to make an elven L1 rogue, Sora the Swift, because I enjoy playing both elves and rogues. I considered making a cleric, which would probably have helped the groups as it seemed as if nearly everyone was playing as a Striker. I think I will draw up a cleric for the next round (on May 30th), just in case.

I've included a few shots below. I apologize for the size of the linked images (if they're linked), as they're quite large for some. Some brief explanatory info is at the bottom of each photo.

Below is a general scene of the crowd waiting for the fun to start.


This was part of our group, DM'd by Matthew, which is also coincidentally my first name. We played L1-4 AGLA 1-1, 'Lost Temple of the Fey Gods', an adventure into Aglarond to help some folks. The guy in the middle is Adam, who played a devastating fighter named Maladictus (or is it Malidictus?). He got caught up a bit in traffic on the way to the Source, but didn't miss too much. The guy to the right is Nathan, who played Funda, who IIRC was a halfling ranger. Well, he was a halfling anyways. To his right, out of frame, was Steve, aka Mortimer the Magnificent, or something to that tune. He played a halfling wizard I think, who had some interesting things up his sleeves. To his right was Justin, plating a paladin named Alexander. The insects, oh the horror! And then there was me, the lowly rogue. I did OK, but I did manage to nearly kill him during the course of the game. Overall, the module was so-so (average), but it had nothing to do with Matt's DMing. He did a very good job I'd reckon.
This group was the only L4-7. There were supposed to be two L4-7s, but apparently not enough people showed up for that level range.

This is Tyler's L1-4, BALD 1-1 "The Flames of Initiation" I believe. Tyler (the guy behind the DM screen) helped me flesh out my character, checked my sheets and so forth as I'm still a bit 4E newb, though I've been playing D&D for ages. I have a hard time separating the 3.5E & 4E rules sets in my cryo-sloshed mind, as I still play 3.5 with my usual partners in crime a fair bit. Anyhow, Tyler was a great help & a nice guy to boot. I was going to possibly play in his campaign, but the guy standing on the left was playing a rogue, and was a natural at it according to T. His brain was also unclouded from 3.5E to begin with. Maybe Jedi mind tricks are useful after all!

Overall, it was a good intro to the Living Campaigns for me, and a fun afternoon. What more do you want, besides a six demon bag?!

No comments:

Post a Comment