Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Source, May 30th, 2009 'Living Forgotten Realms' RPGA Play

So I went down to the Source for the two session LFR day yesterday. A decent crowd, with eight near full to full games.

The four afternoon sessions run were: CORE 1-3 (Core: 'Sense of Wonder', L1-4), DALE 1-2 (Dalelands: 'Blades For Daggerdale', L4-7), EAST 1-4 (East Rift: 'Darkness In Delzimmer', L1-4) & WATE 1-1 (Waterdeep: 'Heirloom', L1-4). I played in 'Heirloom' this session.

The four evening sessions run were: AKAN 1-1 (Akanul: 'The Rotting Ruins of Galain', L1-4), CORM 1-1 (Cormyr: 'The Black Knight of Arabel', L1-4), EAST 1-2: (East Rift: 'Marauder's Spear, L4-7) & TYMA 1-1 (Tymanther: 'Elder Wisdom', L1-4). I played 'The Rotting Ruins of Galain' this session.

This is a shot of prep for the first session. I played in WATE 1-1 (Waterdeep: 'Heirloom', L1-4), run by Victor (the guy at the end of the table). He did a good job as DM, and we had an interesting party. I played Sora, my L1 elf rogue. Angelica played Anias, her L4 druid. I think this was her last L1-4 with her, as she's moving her into the L4-7 sessions from now on. Tyler played Varim, his L2 swordmage, an interestingly RP'd character. He got us into a bit of trouble, but nothing we couldn't get out of. Unfortunately, his slapping of a NPC did cost us a story reward, but he did honestly RP his character. Lots of comic relief as well, though at times I think Anias (and Angelica) wanted to restrain him. ;) Brian played Tholamin, a 2L cleric. Steve played Bezoar, a L1 gnome wizard. Being a gnome did come in handy in an encounter, though I won't go into specifics as to not ruin it for future module players. I think we were one short this game as per the scheduled players.

This is a shot of our afternoon session, WATE 1-1 (Waterdeep: 'Heirloom', L1-4). Victor's running shop on the right. Angelica is on the camera side left in the green shirt. Tyler's in the black Bad Religion shirt on the right on the backside, followed right to left by Brian and Steve. I think the folks in the background are all Pokeplayers in the local Pokemon CCG group.

This is a shot of the afternoon session CORE 1-3 (Core: 'Sense of Wonder', L1-4), run by David (who I accidentally chopped partially out on the right side of the pic). I apologize to the rest of the players as I didn't get a good photo of everyone. You can also see part of Peter's DALE 1-2 (Dalelands: 'Blades For Daggerdale', L4-7) on the left.

This is a shot of Peter's afternoon DALE 1-2 (Dalelands: 'Blades For Daggerdale', L4-7). Aside from Peter (the guy at the back with sheets in hand) and Michael (the standing guy on the left), I have no clue to the names of the rest of the folks. Sorry guys!

This was Tyler's AKAN 1-1 (Akanul: 'The Rotting Ruins of Galain', L1-4). I played Sora (as usual). Amazingly, I didn't take a single HP of damage this session. Then again, I do play a rogue. Ranged weapons are your friend! I was tempted to create a L1 cleric for the second session, so I have two (eventually, hopefully) higher level characters as options. But, tradition reigns! Tyler's the guy standing at the end of the table. On the right are Nicholas in the yellow shirt and Jimmy in the rusty striped shirt. Nicholas ran the D&D Games Day a couple weeks ago at Village Games in Anoka, which can be seen in an earlier entry. Today he played Raa, a flaming redheaded 1L human wizard. Jimmy is from St Cloud. He played Kisthanis, a L1 eladrin warlord. He soaked up a ton of damage and had it not been for a well run cleric, he could very well have perished. Steve is the guy on the right, and also played in the 'Heirloom' game with me earlier in the day. He played Bezoar, as mentioned above in the 'Heirloom' game. Out of the picture next to him is Phil. Phil usually plays his rogue, but today played a L1 human cleric named Alek. Were it not for Alek, I'd wager Kisthanis (at the minimum) may have perished. Really, the party was fairly optimum as far as it's diversity in classes. We actually had an open slot in our session, and we probably could have used another meat shield (read: fighter). But we had massive ranged goodness, and I think it might have wonked the module a bit. I'd like to think, in hindsight, we could have played this one up, but I think at the very least Kisthanis would have gotten the chop. In the end, several of us leveled up to L2 this session.
All in all, a generally good day of gaming! I was a little tired in the evening, but I've been a little busy lately. I'm looking forward to the next LFR session, probably in mid June.

No comments:

Post a Comment