Sunday, July 5, 2009

Online, Blackstar Server, July 4th, 2009 'Living Forgotten Realms' RPGA Play

Last night, I finally got Open RPG running. It's a program used to play RPGs online. You can use maps, minis, and it has all sorts of stuff like a dice roller and the usual online RPG items of interest. It also uses macros if you're into that sort of thing.

It wasn't the easiest program to install, a common complaint about the program. But that was OK with me, as it's free. Somethings are worth the effort.

After gabbing in the lobby for a few hours while doing up some Armorcast terrain, I discovered a possible LFR game running, TYMA 1-5. It's the newer Tymanther LFR module, which I believe game out on Wednesday. Anyhow, I figured 'Why not?'.

So I joined up in the room to play TYMA 1-5. The game was run by Tim. Our group included a full house of six. We had a gnome L4 sorcerer named Nyssa, played by Damon. There was Joey playing Balasar, a L4 dragonborn sorcerer. Yes, two sorcerers. Cyril played Skye, a L4 shifter fighter. Rich played Thain, a L3 dwarf warden. Ben A played his L4 bladeling avenger, a worshipper of Ilmater. I played Sora, my L3 elven rogue.

The game went pretty well, better than I thought. I've gamed online for years, since the mid 90s. The "all-in-one" system, with maps and so forth, is a godsend to gamers. Everything you need is there. We finished in a bit more than average real life time, but online gaming can often stretch on a hair longer.


This is a screen shot of Open RPG in use during the game. You can, of course, rearrange the various windows to your liking.

For more info on Open RPG: http://www.openrpg.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment